If you missed the broadcast, you can always download it for free here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theauthorsspeakcom/2010/09/25/the-authors-speak-the-reverend-steven-rage
http://www.withersin.com/. In fact, bookmark the name in your cerebral cortex because Withersin has already made the cut for the holiday gift giving guide. You'll hear us mention them again and again and again.
Atomic Avarice is a dynamic new project. If you missed the broadcast, the submission details are below. I encourage all of you to polish your best stuff up and send it over as soon as possible. Cheers!
* Flash Fiction – No more than 750 words
* Prose/ Fiction – No more than 3,000 words
* Poetry – No more than 2 pieces, 500 words or less
* Editorials – No more than 1700 words
Theme: Atomic Avarice is seeking work that is inspired by notions of civil disobedience and revolutionary (evolutionary) ideology for its debut edition. Work can be science fiction, fantasy (no unicorns please), horror, prose or whatever genre best suits your passion. This is not a call for disgruntled, political banter or violent, ignorant rants but a rally to challenge the status-quo of the complacent witness with intelligence, creativity, and spirit.
In short, Atomic Avarice wants to know if you know you’re alive.
Format for Submissions:
* .doc or .rtf files – Times New Roman 12pt font
* Real name, address, email, word count in top left hand corner – single space
* Title centered with author’s name (pen or real) just beneath
* Double space body of document
* Create a header at the right hand top of each page that includes the title, last name of author, and page number
* 35 word or less author bio at conclusion
Payment: Byline and Bio, Exposure
Format: Primarily online, with application downloads and other unique amenities
Editor In Chief: Jamie DiMarco
Editor/Publisher: Misty Gersley
(A Withersin Imprint)
Please email submissions in (again, in .doc or .rtf format) to:
The expected launch date of this publication is December 2010... Open reading period begins now, and is open year-round.
Please query for longer/feature works or assignments. Original art is ALWAYS welcome!